- 04-Jan-2017 to 05-Mar-2017 (MST)
- Information Management
- Orem, UT, USA
- Full Time
- Clyde Companies Inc.
Clyde Companies, Inc. is proud to be considered a premier civil construction and building supply entity that has served the Intermountain Region for almost ninety years. With a workforce of 2,500 and more than 50 locations throughout Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Wyoming and New Mexico, we are proud to be the destination of choice for the industry's top talent.
Voted one of Utah's "Top Places to Work", Clyde Companies offers a supportive culture, excellent compensation and benefits package, and opportunities for advancement and growth. If honesty, quality and dependability are values you uphold, we'd love to meet with you.
The Clyde Companies Archivist & Records Manager will be responsible for implementing an enterprise-wide records program; also the identification, appraisal, acquisition, creation, organization, description, access/retrieval and preservation of historical materials pertinent to the current operations and the history of the Clyde Companies, Inc.
- In cooperation with corporate and information technology personnel, implement an enterprise-wide records management program to improve business outcomes;
- Locate, survey and evaluate records of administrative, legal, fiscal and historical value;
- Liaise with local institutions and community partners to share and/or collect records pertinent to the Clyde Companies and its founders;
- Effectively collaborate with current and past personnel to gather/provide records and information for key projects including conducting recorded interviews and acquiring pertinent historical materials;
- Producing biographies, assist with corporate communications, social media and marketing functions as needed;
- Create and maintain accession records, finding aids, databases and catalog records;
- Survey record conditions, determine prudent practices in storage, then carry out a storage plan to preserve, care, and offer security for records and historical materials;
- Produce record retention schedules for retrieval and distribution of records, as required by organizational needs and projects;
- Adhere to company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook, etc.; and assist with other duties as assigned.
- Masters of Library Science (MLS) or Masters of Library & Information Science (MLIS) degree; or a joint Masters in Archival Administration with a undergraduate degree in History; or Academy of Certified Archivists (ACA) certificate with a Master's degree in History, or relevant experience;
- Three years of professional records and archiving management in a public or private organization working with archival materials or digital collections.
- Demonstrated understanding of Describing Archives: A Content Standard (DACS), and
- Resource Description and Access (RDA) and Machine Readable Cataloging (MARC 21).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, etc.;
- Knowledge of records management principles and their relationship to archival work;
- Cheerful disposition with excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with fellow employees and represent in all settings Clyde Companies;
- Demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written;
- Exceptional professional attributes of self-motivation, dependability, confidentiality and professionalism; and
- Strong grasp of ethical and legal concerns (including copyright) affecting acquisition, management and access to archival and digital collections.
- Physical Work Requirements - Light: exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally;
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment;
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions;
- Occasional travel and outdoor working conditions associated with reviews and audits.